Translation Party: [Commie vs. EveTaku vs. HorribleSubs] Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 (Episode 01)

Fansub Review, Translation Party — By on April 8, 2013 12:25 am

This post was written by Dark_Sage. He is Dark_Sage.

Twitter YouTube   


Looks like everyone brought their C-game to this party.

Translation Party House Rules:

Spoiler:
1. Translation Parties are intended to help you make the best subtitle choice for a given anime. Choose which line(s) you liked best by selecting them with the checkbox.

2. I split the Party into two parts — Essential and Extended. Assuming you want to get this shit over with quickly, just go with the Essential choices. I picked these to be the most representative lines in the releases. But if you’re one of those people who want more comparisons to help you come to a decision, go with the Essential choices and the Extended ones.

3. If you didn’t like any of the lines, choose the “N/A” option. The results for “N/A” won’t be automatically tabulated, so you’ll have to do the math in your head. Have my gomens and nasais.

4. A “>” indicates that another character has begun speaking. If there are three characters in a line comparison, I will indicate the third with a “>>” and so on for more characters.

5. Group order is randomized for each screenshot, every time you refresh the page. However, the “N/A” option will always appear at the bottom of the screen.

6. Your results will be summed up when you click the “Get your results” button. Feel free to vote in the poll at the end/post in the comments to let others know how you did and to compare your results with them.

7. Party hard.

 

 

OreImo – Episode 01

Comparisons: 10 or 20

Participants:

Commie

EveTaku

HorribleSubs

C++ and AsukaSubs did not qualify for this party — they did not have near enough edits to qualify their scripts as different from the HorribleSubs script.

Codes:

{\i1} indicates the start of italics

{\i0} indicates the close of italics

 

 

 

Essential 1.

MC-kun.

Audio: [mp3t track="http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo01.mp3" play="Start audio" stop="Pause this shit" volslider="y"]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 01

HorribleSubs :: A foul Kirino that yells like this… can’t be my little sister…
My little sister can’t be this—

Commie :: This foul creature who stands before me yelling can’t be my little sister!
My little sister can’t be this—

EveTaku :: This… This bad-tempered girl can’t be my sister!
There’s no way my sister can be this—

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

 

 

Essential 2.

MC-kun getting counseling.

Audio: [mp3t track="http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo02.mp3" play="Start audio" stop="Pause this shit" volslider="y"]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 02

HorribleSubs :: Um… So, even though you forced her to
come back from her study abroad,
you’re dissatisfied because Kirino-chan
is acting the same as before?
>To put it simply.
>It’s kind of a letdown…
>though I guess it’s not really a problem…

Commie :: Um… So even though you forced her to
come back from studying abroad,
you’re still dissatisfied because Kirino’s acting the same as before?
>Basically,
>it’s kind of a letdown.
>Maybe it’s not really a problem at all.

EveTaku :: So you forced Kirino-chan to come back from her studies abroad,
she doesn’t act any differently from before, and you don’t know what it means?
>That’s the general picture. But it’s not like there’s no problem.

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

 

 

Essential 3.

More counseling.

Audio: [mp3t track="http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo03.mp3" play="Start audio" stop="Pause this shit" volslider="y"]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 03

HorribleSubs :: So, Kyou-chan…
>What are the other things troubling you?
I won’t ask you for advice on those…

Commie :: So, Kyo…
>What else is troubling you?
I won’t ask you for advice on those.

EveTaku :: By the way, Kyou-chan, what about your other problems?
>I can’t tell you.
I see. Well, let me know if there’s anything I can do.

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

 

 

Essential 4.

The doujins end differently.

Audio: [mp3t track="http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo04.mp3" play="Start audio" stop="Pause this shit" volslider="y"]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 04

HorribleSubs :: Are you guys lesbians?
>No!
Oh, you call it “yuri,” right?

Commie :: Are you guys lesbians?
>No!
Oh, you call it “femslash,” right?

EveTaku :: Are you two lesbians?
>No!
Ah. Would “gay” be better then?

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

 

 

Essential 5.

MC-kun being honto baka.

Audio: [mp3t track="http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo05.mp3" play="Start audio" stop="Pause this shit" volslider="y"]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 05

HorribleSubs :: Hello? Kuroneko-san?
>What? You’re being annoying.
I-I just thought I’d call your name.
If you don’t have anything to say, don’t talk to me.
>You’re interfering.

Commie :: Hello? Kuroneko?
>What? You’re being annoying.
I-I just thought I’d call your name.
If you don’t have anything to say, don’t talk to me.
>You’re interfering.

EveTaku :: Hey, Kuroneko-san!
>What? You’re distracting.
Nothing, just saying your name.
>If you don’t have anything to say, don’t bother me. It’s annoying.

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

 

 

Essential 6.

Seriously, MC-kun, what is wrong with you?

Audio: [mp3t track="http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo06.mp3" play="Start audio" stop="Pause this shit" volslider="y"]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 06

HorribleSubs :: Th-This is strange…
The other day this girl went and kissed me, but…
And now that I think about it,
that was her roundabout way of confessing to me, wasn’t it?!
So here I am with my heart racing now, and yet…
How can she sit there without a sign
of embarrassment after doing that?!
With an attitude like that,
I’ll think the whole thing was just a dream!

Commie :: Th-This is strange.
This is the same girl who went and kissed me the other day, but…
And now that I think about it,
that was her roundabout way of confessing to me, wasn’t it?!
So here I am, with my heart racing, and yet…
How can she sit there and act like nothing happened?
With an attitude like that,
I’ll think the whole thing was just a dream!

EveTaku :: This is weird.
This is the girl who gave me a kiss before I left.
Whenever I think about it, my heart starts racing like crazy!
Why isn’t she even a little embarrassed after doing something like that?
If she keeps this up, I’ll start wondering if it was all a dream!

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

 

 

Essential 7.

Best girl + stats.

Audio: [mp3t track="http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo07a.mp3" play="Start audio" stop="Pause this shit" volslider="y"]

Audio: [mp3t track="http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo07b.mp3" play="Start audio" stop="Pause this shit" volslider="y"]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 07

HorribleSubs :: Judging by my research on the net, 90% of players are male!
In order to overturn this construct,
the characters of “True Labyrinth of Greed” should be geared towards women.
In other words, we should make it with characters from hardcore homoge!
>You just want to do that yourself, don’t you?!
Yes, and your point?
>You’re not overturning the construct, you’ll be capsizing under it.

Commie :: Based on my Internet research, 90% of players are male!
In order to overturn this construct,
the characters of {\i1}True Labyrinth of Greed{\i0} should be geared toward women.
In other words, we should make it with characters from hardcore gay dating sims!
>That’s just something {\i1}you{\i0} want to do, isn’t it?!
Yeah. So what’s your point?
>You’re just gonna end up shooting yourself in the foot.

EveTaku :: I did some research on the net, and most of our players are male.
We should make the characters more appealing to a female demographic!
In other words, we should create more homosexual male characters!
>Is that all you want to do?
Yes. What of it?
>We don’t want to change our demographic; we want to appeal to it.

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

 

 

Essential 8.

Quality translation in every line.

Audio: [mp3t track="http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo08.mp3" play="Start audio" stop="Pause this shit" volslider="y"]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 08

HorribleSubs :: How long do you plan on sleeping? Idiot.
Hurry up and change.
>Huh?
It’s time for the life advice you’ve been waiting for!

Commie :: How long do you plan on sleeping, idiot?
Hurry up and change.
>Huh?
It’s time for the life advice you’ve been waiting for!

EveTaku :: When do you plan to wake up, you idiot?
Hurry up and change.
The thing you’ve been waiting for: life counseling!

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

 

 

Essential 9.

Desires.

Audio: [mp3t track="http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo09.mp3" play="Start audio" stop="Pause this shit" volslider="y"]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 09

HorribleSubs :: Well, that girl is herself when she gives in to her desires.
>Indeed, Kiririn-shi truly is herself when following her instincts.

Commie :: Well, that girl is most herself when she gives into her desires.
>Indeed, Ms. Kiririn is truly herself when she follows her instincts.

EveTaku :: Naturally, she is a slave to her desires.
>It’s true that Kiririn-shi is very impulsive.

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

 

 

Essential 10.

I think she wants some peanut butter and j-j-jam it in!

Audio: [mp3t track="http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo10.mp3" play="Start audio" stop="Pause this shit" volslider="y"]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 10

HorribleSubs :: You can play this one first.
>Didn’t you just buy this today?
It’s okay. You helped me out a lot today.
It’s also been a year since I first asked you for advice.
Huh?
But clear it tonight, okay? You have to.

Commie :: You can play this one first.
>Didn’t you just buy this today?
It’s okay. You helped me out a lot today.
It’s also been a year since I first asked you for advice.
Huh?
But beat it tonight, okay? You have to!

EveTaku :: You can play this first.
>I didn’t buy that.
It’s fine. You worked hard today… and it’s the first anniversary of our life counseling…
But finish it by tonight, got it?

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

 

 

 

Decision Point:

  1. Holy fucking shit, Dark_Sage. Give me more comparisons. I fucking live for this! (Put the knife down and keep reading. We got ten more comparisons for ya.)
  2. Oh my god, put a bullet in my head. When is this shit gonna be over with already? (You’ve seen enough for one lifetime. Head down to the results.)

 

 

Expanded 1.

MC-kun being 2cruel.

Audio: [mp3t track="http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/E-OreImo01.mp3" play="Start audio" stop="Pause this shit" volslider="y"]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 E01

HorribleSubs :: You always make me wash your hair,
you cry whenever you get soap in your eyes,
you get light headed easily, and it’s all a pain.
And it’s not just baths.
You’re always making a fuss, getting scared of dogs,
walking slow, and quick to grab on to my sleeve…
I’ve had enough of it.

Commie :: You always make me wash your hair,
you cry whenever you get soap in your eyes,
and you get lightheaded easily. It’s seriously a pain in the butt.
And it’s not just baths.
You’re always making a fuss, you get scared of dogs,
you walk slow, and you’re always quick to grab onto my sleeve.
I’ve had enough of it.

EveTaku :: You never wash your hair, you always get soap in your eyes, and you always get dizzy.
It’s so annoying.
And it’s not just during baths. You’re always so loud, you’re always scared of dogs,
you walk too slow, you grab my sleeve all the time…
I’ve had enough.

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

 

 

Expanded 2.

Kirino… breaking.

Audio: [mp3t track="http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/E-OreImo02.mp3" play="Start audio" stop="Pause this shit" volslider="y"]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 E02

HorribleSubs :: Huh?! What was that?!
Acting like some haughty brother!
I can totally wash my hair!
I love dogs! And I’m super fast!

Commie :: Huh?! What was that?!
Why’re you acting like you’re some cool older brother?
I can totally wash my hair!
I love dogs! And I’m super fast!

EveTaku :: {\i1}Huh{\i0}? What’s that?
Acting like the cool big brother?
I wash my hair all the time, I love dogs, and I walk pretty quickly!

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

 

 

Expanded 3.

I don’t know why he’s monologuing this.

Audio: [mp3t track="http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/E-OreImo03.mp3" play="Start audio" stop="Pause this shit" volslider="y"]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 E03

HorribleSubs :: My little sister, Kousaka Kirino,
is a good-looking, smart girl, who’s great at sports,
a model for magazines, and in her third year of middle school.

Commie :: My little sister, Kosaka Kirino,
is a good-looking, smart girl who’s great at sports,
models for magazines, and she’s only a ninth grader.

EveTaku :: My sister, Kousaka Kirino, is…
a beautiful, smart, and athletic magazine model in her third year of middle school.

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

 

 

Expanded 4.

MC-kun, with a valid question.

Audio: [mp3t track="http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/E-OreImo04.mp3" play="Start audio" stop="Pause this shit" volslider="y"]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 E04

HorribleSubs :: How many people are you planning to call?!
>I don’t know.
>Sending a text might work,
>but they’d rather hear it in person, right?
>Though why do you keep glancing over at me?
>It’s really creepy, you know.

Commie :: How many people are you planning to call?!
>I don’t know.
>I {\i1}could{\i0} send them a text,
>but don’t you think they’d rather hear it from me?
>But seriously, why do you keep glancing over at me?
>It’s really creepy, you know.

EveTaku :: How many people are you going to call?
>I don’t know. I guess I could text people, but I’d rather talk to them.
>Anyway, why are you watching me like that? It’s {\i1}really{\i0} creepy.

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

 

 

Expanded 5.

Counselor-chan confirming the situation.

Audio: [mp3t track="http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/E-OreImo05.mp3" play="Start audio" stop="Pause this shit" volslider="y"]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 E05

HorribleSubs :: So you were hoping
you might be able to get along with Kirino-chan better,
and now it feels strange?

Commie :: So you were hoping
you might be able to get along with Kirino better,
and now it feels strange?

EveTaku :: So you were looking forward to improving your relationship with Kirino-chan,
and you think it’s weird that it hasn’t?

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

 

 

Expanded 6.

Creepfest 2013.

Audio: [mp3t track="http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/E-OreImo06.mp3" play="Start audio" stop="Pause this shit" volslider="y"]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 E06

HorribleSubs :: Over the past year, our relationship had improved,
but then I forced her to come back here against her will.
So I couldn’t blame her if she hates me now.
I couldn’t blame her
if she started ignoring me like she did a year ago,
and I steeled myself against that.
But she still gives me the same attitude she had
before she left to study abroad.
And that sort of…

Commie :: Over the past year, our relationship had improved,
but then I forced her to come back here against her will.
So I can’t blame her if she hates me now.
I can’t blame her
if she starts ignoring me like she did a year ago,
so I’m trying to prepare for that.
But she still gives me the same attitude she had
before she left to study abroad.
And that sort of…

EveTaku :: Over the past year, we definitely started to form some kind of bond,
but I ignored what she wanted to do,
and I forced her to come back.
Therefore, I can’t help it if she hates me. I can’t help it if she ignores me.
This is something I resigned myself to a long time ago.
However,
she’s treating me the same as she did before she left.
It… bothers me.

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

 

 

Expanded 7.

That’s right, stutter it out.

Audio: [mp3t track="http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/E-OreImo07.mp3" play="Start audio" stop="Pause this shit" volslider="y"]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 E07

HorribleSubs :: Hey, Kuroneko? Hey?
>What is it?! Could you please cut it out?
About before… when we were behind the school building…
What did you… mean by…?

Commie :: Hey, Kuroneko? Hey?
>What is it?! Could you please cut it out?
About before, when we were behind the school building…
What did you mean by…

EveTaku :: Hey, Kuroneko! Listen!
>What is it already? Keep it short.
It’s about what happened behind school.
What exactly… was that?

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

 

 

Expanded 8.

Sasuga best girl.

Audio: [mp3t track="http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/E-OreImo08.mp3" play="Start audio" stop="Pause this shit" volslider="y"]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 E08

HorribleSubs :: Look at this!
They’re praising our game on the message boards!
See, right here!
They’re saying the game system is well ironed out!
And what’s to hide? I’m the one who made it!
Oh man, now I’m really motivated!

Commie :: Check this out!
They’re praising our game on the message boards!
Lookie! Right here!
They’re saying the game system was totally well done.
And what’s to hide? I’m the one who made it!
Oh man, now I’m {\i1}really{\i0} motivated!

EveTaku :: Look at this! The people on this forum are really praising our game!
See? Look here!
“The game system was well done!”
That system was made by yours tru-ly!
I did amazingly, didn’t I?

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

 

 

Expanded 9.

Lay it on ’em!

Audio: [mp3t track="http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/E-OreImo09.mp3" play="Start audio" stop="Pause this shit" volslider="y"]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 E09

HorribleSubs :: A game for me, by me, that’s my totally amazing xxx-fest!

Commie :: A game for me, by me! My totally amazing @#$%-fest!

EveTaku :: A game for me! A game for I! A game all for myself!
With {\i1}tons{\i0} of the **** that I love!

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

 

 

Expanded 10.

Return, money, to whence you came.

Audio: [mp3t track="http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/E-OreImo10.mp3" play="Start audio" stop="Pause this shit" volslider="y"]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 E10

HorribleSubs :: Apparently she just received her royalties from “My City.”
She said it got reprinted due to the anime,
so she’d return it all to anime.

Commie :: Apparently, she just received her royalties from {\i1}My City.{\i0}
She said it got reprinted due to the anime,
so she figured she’d give it back to the industry.

EveTaku :: She got the royalties from “My City”.
Since the anime caused a reprinting of the novels, she said she’d give back to anime.

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

 

 

 

THIS IS A MARKER FOR WHERE THE IMAGES END

 

My imouto is...

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

 

Which group had which line (unformatted, lazy-mode Sage):

Spoiler:

Essential 1.

MC-kun.

Audio: [mp3t track=”http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo01.mp3″ play=”Start audio” stop=”Pause this shit” volslider=”y”]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 01

HorribleSubs :: A foul Kirino that yells like this… can’t be my little sister…
My little sister can’t be this—

Commie :: This foul creature who stands before me yelling can’t be my little sister!
My little sister can’t be this—

EveTaku :: This… This bad-tempered girl can’t be my sister!
There’s no way my sister can be this—

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

Essential 2.

MC-kun getting counseling.

Audio: [mp3t track=”http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo02.mp3″ play=”Start audio” stop=”Pause this shit” volslider=”y”]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 02

HorribleSubs :: Um… So, even though you forced her to
come back from her study abroad,
you’re dissatisfied because Kirino-chan
is acting the same as before?
>To put it simply.
>It’s kind of a letdown…
>though I guess it’s not really a problem…

Commie :: Um… So even though you forced her to
come back from studying abroad,
you’re still dissatisfied because Kirino’s acting the same as before?
>Basically,
>it’s kind of a letdown.
>Maybe it’s not really a problem at all.

EveTaku :: So you forced Kirino-chan to come back from her studies abroad,
she doesn’t act any differently from before, and you don’t know what it means?
>That’s the general picture. But it’s not like there’s no problem.

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

Essential 3.

More counseling.

Audio: [mp3t track=”http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo03.mp3″ play=”Start audio” stop=”Pause this shit” volslider=”y”]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 03

HorribleSubs :: So, Kyou-chan…
>What are the other things troubling you?
I won’t ask you for advice on those…

Commie :: So, Kyo…
>What else is troubling you?
I won’t ask you for advice on those.

EveTaku :: By the way, Kyou-chan, what about your other problems?
>I can’t tell you.
I see. Well, let me know if there’s anything I can do.

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

Essential 4.

The doujins end differently.

Audio: [mp3t track=”http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo04.mp3″ play=”Start audio” stop=”Pause this shit” volslider=”y”]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 04

HorribleSubs :: Are you guys lesbians?
>No!
Oh, you call it “yuri,” right?

Commie :: Are you guys lesbians?
>No!
Oh, you call it “femslash,” right?

EveTaku :: Are you two lesbians?
>No!
Ah. Would “gay” be better then?

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

Essential 5.

MC-kun being honto baka.

Audio: [mp3t track=”http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo05.mp3″ play=”Start audio” stop=”Pause this shit” volslider=”y”]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 05

HorribleSubs :: Hello? Kuroneko-san?
>What? You’re being annoying.
I-I just thought I’d call your name.
If you don’t have anything to say, don’t talk to me.
>You’re interfering.

Commie :: Hello? Kuroneko?
>What? You’re being annoying.
I-I just thought I’d call your name.
If you don’t have anything to say, don’t talk to me.
>You’re interfering.

EveTaku :: Hey, Kuroneko-san!
>What? You’re distracting.
Nothing, just saying your name.
>If you don’t have anything to say, don’t bother me. It’s annoying.

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

Essential 6.

Seriously, MC-kun, what is wrong with you?

Audio: [mp3t track=”http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo06.mp3″ play=”Start audio” stop=”Pause this shit” volslider=”y”]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 06

HorribleSubs :: Th-This is strange…
The other day this girl went and kissed me, but…
And now that I think about it,
that was her roundabout way of confessing to me, wasn’t it?!
So here I am with my heart racing now, and yet…
How can she sit there without a sign
of embarrassment after doing that?!
With an attitude like that,
I’ll think the whole thing was just a dream!

Commie :: Th-This is strange.
This is the same girl who went and kissed me the other day, but…
And now that I think about it,
that was her roundabout way of confessing to me, wasn’t it?!
So here I am, with my heart racing, and yet…
How can she sit there and act like nothing happened?
With an attitude like that,
I’ll think the whole thing was just a dream!

EveTaku :: This is weird.
This is the girl who gave me a kiss before I left.
Whenever I think about it, my heart starts racing like crazy!
Why isn’t she even a little embarrassed after doing something like that?
If she keeps this up, I’ll start wondering if it was all a dream!

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

Essential 7.

Best girl + stats.

Audio: [mp3t track=”http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo07a.mp3″ play=”Start audio” stop=”Pause this shit” volslider=”y”]

Audio: [mp3t track=”http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo07b.mp3″ play=”Start audio” stop=”Pause this shit” volslider=”y”]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 07

HorribleSubs :: Judging by my research on the net, 90% of players are male!
In order to overturn this construct,
the characters of “True Labyrinth of Greed” should be geared towards women.
In other words, we should make it with characters from hardcore homoge!
>You just want to do that yourself, don’t you?!
Yes, and your point?
>You’re not overturning the construct, you’ll be capsizing under it.

Commie :: Based on my Internet research, 90% of players are male!
In order to overturn this construct,
the characters of {\i1}True Labyrinth of Greed{\i0} should be geared toward women.
In other words, we should make it with characters from hardcore gay dating sims!
>That’s just something {\i1}you{\i0} want to do, isn’t it?!
Yeah. So what’s your point?
>You’re just gonna end up shooting yourself in the foot.

EveTaku :: I did some research on the net, and most of our players are male.
We should make the characters more appealing to a female demographic!
In other words, we should create more homosexual male characters!
>Is that all you want to do?
Yes. What of it?
>We don’t want to change our demographic; we want to appeal to it.

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

Essential 8.

Quality translation in every line.

Audio: [mp3t track=”http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo08.mp3″ play=”Start audio” stop=”Pause this shit” volslider=”y”]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 08

HorribleSubs :: How long do you plan on sleeping? Idiot.
Hurry up and change.
>Huh?
It’s time for the life advice you’ve been waiting for!

Commie :: How long do you plan on sleeping, idiot?
Hurry up and change.
>Huh?
It’s time for the life advice you’ve been waiting for!

EveTaku :: When do you plan to wake up, you idiot?
Hurry up and change.
The thing you’ve been waiting for: life counseling!

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

Essential 9.

Desires.

Audio: [mp3t track=”http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo09.mp3″ play=”Start audio” stop=”Pause this shit” volslider=”y”]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 09

HorribleSubs :: Well, that girl is herself when she gives in to her desires.
>Indeed, Kiririn-shi truly is herself when following her instincts.

Commie :: Well, that girl is most herself when she gives into her desires.
>Indeed, Ms. Kiririn is truly herself when she follows her instincts.

EveTaku :: Naturally, she is a slave to her desires.
>It’s true that Kiririn-shi is very impulsive.

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

Essential 10.

I think she wants some peanut butter and j-j-jam it in!

Audio: [mp3t track=”http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OreImo10.mp3″ play=”Start audio” stop=”Pause this shit” volslider=”y”]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 10

HorribleSubs :: You can play this one first.
>Didn’t you just buy this today?
It’s okay. You helped me out a lot today.
It’s also been a year since I first asked you for advice.
Huh?
But clear it tonight, okay? You have to.

Commie :: You can play this one first.
>Didn’t you just buy this today?
It’s okay. You helped me out a lot today.
It’s also been a year since I first asked you for advice.
Huh?
But beat it tonight, okay? You have to!

EveTaku :: You can play this first.
>I didn’t buy that.
It’s fine. You worked hard today… and it’s the first anniversary of our life counseling…
But finish it by tonight, got it?

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

Decision Point:

Holy fucking shit, Dark_Sage. Give me more comparisons. I fucking live for this! (Put the knife down and keep reading. We got ten more comparisons for ya.)
Oh my god, put a bullet in my head. When is this shit gonna be over with already? (You’ve seen enough for one lifetime. Head down to the results.)

Expanded 1.

MC-kun being 2cruel.

Audio: [mp3t track=”http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/E-OreImo01.mp3″ play=”Start audio” stop=”Pause this shit” volslider=”y”]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 E01

HorribleSubs :: You always make me wash your hair,
you cry whenever you get soap in your eyes,
you get light headed easily, and it’s all a pain.
And it’s not just baths.
You’re always making a fuss, getting scared of dogs,
walking slow, and quick to grab on to my sleeve…
I’ve had enough of it.

Commie :: You always make me wash your hair,
you cry whenever you get soap in your eyes,
and you get lightheaded easily. It’s seriously a pain in the butt.
And it’s not just baths.
You’re always making a fuss, you get scared of dogs,
you walk slow, and you’re always quick to grab onto my sleeve.
I’ve had enough of it.

EveTaku :: You never wash your hair, you always get soap in your eyes, and you always get dizzy.
It’s so annoying.
And it’s not just during baths. You’re always so loud, you’re always scared of dogs,
you walk too slow, you grab my sleeve all the time…
I’ve had enough.

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

Expanded 2.

Kirino… breaking.

Audio: [mp3t track=”http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/E-OreImo02.mp3″ play=”Start audio” stop=”Pause this shit” volslider=”y”]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 E02

HorribleSubs :: Huh?! What was that?!
Acting like some haughty brother!
I can totally wash my hair!
I love dogs! And I’m super fast!

Commie :: Huh?! What was that?!
Why’re you acting like you’re some cool older brother?
I can totally wash my hair!
I love dogs! And I’m super fast!

EveTaku :: {\i1}Huh{\i0}? What’s that?
Acting like the cool big brother?
I wash my hair all the time, I love dogs, and I walk pretty quickly!

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

Expanded 3.

I don’t know why he’s monologuing this.

Audio: [mp3t track=”http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/E-OreImo03.mp3″ play=”Start audio” stop=”Pause this shit” volslider=”y”]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 E03

HorribleSubs :: My little sister, Kousaka Kirino,
is a good-looking, smart girl, who’s great at sports,
a model for magazines, and in her third year of middle school.

Commie :: My little sister, Kosaka Kirino,
is a good-looking, smart girl who’s great at sports,
models for magazines, and she’s only a ninth grader.

EveTaku :: My sister, Kousaka Kirino, is…
a beautiful, smart, and athletic magazine model in her third year of middle school.

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

Expanded 4.

MC-kun, with a valid question.

Audio: [mp3t track=”http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/E-OreImo04.mp3″ play=”Start audio” stop=”Pause this shit” volslider=”y”]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 E04

HorribleSubs :: How many people are you planning to call?!
>I don’t know.
>Sending a text might work,
>but they’d rather hear it in person, right?
>Though why do you keep glancing over at me?
>It’s really creepy, you know.

Commie :: How many people are you planning to call?!
>I don’t know.
>I {\i1}could{\i0} send them a text,
>but don’t you think they’d rather hear it from me?
>But seriously, why do you keep glancing over at me?
>It’s really creepy, you know.

EveTaku :: How many people are you going to call?
>I don’t know. I guess I could text people, but I’d rather talk to them.
>Anyway, why are you watching me like that? It’s {\i1}really{\i0} creepy.

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

Expanded 5.

Counselor-chan confirming the situation.

Audio: [mp3t track=”http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/E-OreImo05.mp3″ play=”Start audio” stop=”Pause this shit” volslider=”y”]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 E05

HorribleSubs :: So you were hoping
you might be able to get along with Kirino-chan better,
and now it feels strange?

Commie :: So you were hoping
you might be able to get along with Kirino better,
and now it feels strange?

EveTaku :: So you were looking forward to improving your relationship with Kirino-chan,
and you think it’s weird that it hasn’t?

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

Expanded 6.

Creepfest 2013.

Audio: [mp3t track=”http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/E-OreImo06.mp3″ play=”Start audio” stop=”Pause this shit” volslider=”y”]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 E06

HorribleSubs :: Over the past year, our relationship had improved,
but then I forced her to come back here against her will.
So I couldn’t blame her if she hates me now.
I couldn’t blame her
if she started ignoring me like she did a year ago,
and I steeled myself against that.
But she still gives me the same attitude she had
before she left to study abroad.
And that sort of…

Commie :: Over the past year, our relationship had improved,
but then I forced her to come back here against her will.
So I can’t blame her if she hates me now.
I can’t blame her
if she starts ignoring me like she did a year ago,
so I’m trying to prepare for that.
But she still gives me the same attitude she had
before she left to study abroad.
And that sort of…

EveTaku :: Over the past year, we definitely started to form some kind of bond,
but I ignored what she wanted to do,
and I forced her to come back.
Therefore, I can’t help it if she hates me. I can’t help it if she ignores me.
This is something I resigned myself to a long time ago.
However,
she’s treating me the same as she did before she left.
It… bothers me.

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

Expanded 7.

That’s right, stutter it out.

Audio: [mp3t track=”http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/E-OreImo07.mp3″ play=”Start audio” stop=”Pause this shit” volslider=”y”]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 E07

HorribleSubs :: Hey, Kuroneko? Hey?
>What is it?! Could you please cut it out?
About before… when we were behind the school building…
What did you… mean by…?

Commie :: Hey, Kuroneko? Hey?
>What is it?! Could you please cut it out?
About before, when we were behind the school building…
What did you mean by…

EveTaku :: Hey, Kuroneko! Listen!
>What is it already? Keep it short.
It’s about what happened behind school.
What exactly… was that?

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

Expanded 8.

Sasuga best girl.

Audio: [mp3t track=”http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/E-OreImo08.mp3″ play=”Start audio” stop=”Pause this shit” volslider=”y”]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 E08

HorribleSubs :: Look at this!
They’re praising our game on the message boards!
See, right here!
They’re saying the game system is well ironed out!
And what’s to hide? I’m the one who made it!
Oh man, now I’m really motivated!

Commie :: Check this out!
They’re praising our game on the message boards!
Lookie! Right here!
They’re saying the game system was totally well done.
And what’s to hide? I’m the one who made it!
Oh man, now I’m {\i1}really{\i0} motivated!

EveTaku :: Look at this! The people on this forum are really praising our game!
See? Look here!
“The game system was well done!”
That system was made by yours tru-ly!
I did amazingly, didn’t I?

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

Expanded 9.

Lay it on ’em!

Audio: [mp3t track=”http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/E-OreImo09.mp3″ play=”Start audio” stop=”Pause this shit” volslider=”y”]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 E09

HorribleSubs :: A game for me, by me, that’s my totally amazing xxx-fest!

Commie :: A game for me, by me! My totally amazing @#$%-fest!

EveTaku :: A game for me! A game for I! A game all for myself!
With {\i1}tons{\i0} of the **** that I love!

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

Expanded 10.

Return, money, to whence you came.

Audio: [mp3t track=”http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/E-OreImo10.mp3″ play=”Start audio” stop=”Pause this shit” volslider=”y”]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2 E10

HorribleSubs :: Apparently she just received her royalties from “My City.”
She said it got reprinted due to the anime,
so she’d return it all to anime.

Commie :: Apparently, she just received her royalties from {\i1}My City.{\i0}
She said it got reprinted due to the anime,
so she figured she’d give it back to the industry.

EveTaku :: She got the royalties from “My City”.
Since the anime caused a reprinting of the novels, she said she’d give back to anime.

My anime fansubs can’t be this shit :: N/A. They all suck.

Grade:
Show:
Tags: , , , , , ,

48 Comments

Dark_Sage says:

Single child here.

Overall scores…
N/A: 14 times
HorribleSubs: 1 time
Commie: 2 times
EveTaku: 3 times
Looks like your best bet is to hope a decent group picks this up.

Passerby says:

You got that right. I find many comparisons have no decent choice. Perhaps you don’t mind to sub this show, yeah? It’d be great.

sagebeard says:

>Dark_sage
>actually finishing a series
>good show

pick two

Humanity says:

HorribleSubs: 2 times
Commie: 2 times
EveTaku: 6 times
Looks like your best bet is EveTaku

Alright then.

necromanteion says:

HorribleSubs: 1 time
Commie: 4 times
EveTaku: 5 times
Looks like your best bet is EveTaku

I watched HS’ release, but I can wait a couple of days for a somewhat better script.

Anonymous says:

HorribleSubs: 7 times
Commie: 2 times
EveTaku: 11 times
Looks like your best bet is EveTaku

I watched the first half of EveTaku’s release and was bothered by a few things, but it looks like they’re still the best.

For example, at the beginning of Kyousuke’s conversation with Manami, he says that there are a bunch of different things worrying him (that’s why at the end, Manami asks what the other things are), but it sounded like just one thing in the script.

Communard says:

HorribleSubs: 9 times
Commie: 11 times
EveTaku: 3 times

Well that was unexpected. Especially since I watched EveTaku. Is this some sort of reverse confirmation bias? Or maybe it’s a side effect of white knighting Commie’s SnK release all day. I guess I’ll watch both Commie and EveTaku when episode 2 is out and decide after that. Hopefully some other group will pick this up and deliver a script that isn’t subpar, making my decision for me. I fucking hate having to think for myself.

Hairy says:

HorribleSubs: 7 times
Commie: 5 times
EveTaku: 8 times
Looks like your best bet is EveTaku

Haven’t seen the episode yet. TL party needs more Ayase and far less Manami.

Vanth says:

HorribleSubs: 4 times
Commie: 9 times
EveTaku: 5 times

Looks like your best bet is Commie.

Commie took this away for me.

Mkaze says:

HorribleSubs: 7 times
Commie: 3 times
EveTaku: 10 times
Looks like your best bet is EveTaku

kokujin-kun says:

HorribleSubs: 2 times
Commie: 4 times
EveTaku: 2 times
Looks like your best bet is Commie

Those are indeed some slim pickins. Though I should give one more point to Crunchy (not Commie for obvious reasons) for the “wankfest” line.

corocoro says:

Overall scores…
They all suck: 5 times
HorribleSubs: 3 times
Commie: 7 times
EveTaku: 5 times
Looks like your best bet is Commie

tormaid says:

Jeez, a lot of Commie’s lines were exactly like Crunchyroll’s. They didn’t do much to make them less stale; I honestly don’t see why anyone would wait for them.

Hybrid21 says:

HorribleSubs: 6 times
Commie: 8 times
EveTaku: 5 times
Looks like your best bet is Commie

Already knew that was gonna happen.

Solaristics says:

Overall scores…
HorribleSubs: 0 times
Commie: 1 time
EveTaku: 13 times
Looks like your best bet is EveTaku

WELP. It was easy to tell which one was Commie because of the Honorifics.

temp_late says:

They all suck: 5 times
HorribleSubs: 2 times
Commie: 7 times
EveTaku: 7 times

Looks like Evemie for me. Or ComTaku.

On one hand, I don’t have fiesta because I haven’t even watched any of the show, including the first season, but that also means that I don’t really know the characters. Listening to the audio is *effort* so I just guessed personalities based on the images.

Internette says:

HorribleSubs: 3 times
Commie: 4 times
EveTaku: 4 times
It’s a tie between Commie and EveTaku

I should’ve seen that coming. On to extended.

HorribleSubs: 7 times
Commie: 8 times
EveTaku: 9 times
Looks like your best bet is EveTaku

So I guess just whoever’s out first. Got it. They mostly seemed pretty similar, anyway.

Chán says:

HorribleSubs: 10 times
Commie: 3 times
EveTaku: 3 times
Looks like your best bet is HorribleSubs

Not too much surprising to me.

Qrius says:

It’s the first time I actually used the audio and… goddamn, it works! Don’t speak jap myself, but I can understand some simple words and – more importantly – hear the tone, pacing and the lenght of a line. It’s a brilliant invention!

Overall scores…
HorribleSubs: 3 times
Commie: 2 times
EveTaku: 3 times
It’s a tie between HorribleSubs and EveTaku

Well it’s true I only went for the shorter of the essentials, but it’s still a surprise!

Anony says:

Not even gonna bother with any of these. Wait for blurays.

HorribleSubs: 8 times
Commie: 4 times
EveTaku: 9 times
Looks like your best bet is EveTaku

Commie’s editor actually added errors into CR’s script. “Well, that girl is most herself when she gives into her desires.” for example. And for the record I watched every release, so I could pretty much point out who had what line for every comparison.

Vagoo says:

EveTaku had the only line for that one that made any sense at all.
Conversely, Commie’s line for the last comparison is the only one that made any sense in that case.

Nohta says:

Overall scores…
HorribleSubs: 2 times
Commie: 5 times
EveTaku: 18 times
Looks like your best bet is EveTaku

I haven’t even watched the episode yet (and I even double-dipped on a few since I felt one of the other options was equally acceptable).

Is this some sort of rare variation of confirmation bias?

Dark_Sage says:

We’ll call it that since I don’t feel like coming up with a different term.

Vagoo says:

Overall scores…
HorribleSubs: 11 times
Commie: 13 times
EveTaku: 9 times
Looks like your best bet is Commie

Two of these felt almost identical. Based on my votes, I’m going to assume it was Commie’s edit of HorribleSubs. I can’t imagine how little effort must have went into the releases from the two groups that didn’t qualify for the party.

Dark_Sage says:

You’d be correct. Crunchyedits this season haven’t had very much effort put into them at all.

sage says:

HorribleSubs: 10 times
Commie: 6 times
EveTaku: 4 times
Looks like your best bet is HorribleSubs

Not particularly surprised. EveTaku is a relatively decent group but they make translation mistakes relatively frequently too. How did commie manage to make the script worse by editting it, I don’t know, but the votes speak by themselves. HS it will be.

Pacific says:

Overall scores…
HorribleSubs: 5 times
Commie: 5 times
EveTaku: 0 times
It’s a tie between HorribleSubs and Commie

I agree. Just looking at the Essentials, it’s a coin-toss whether Commie’s edits make the show better or worse. But on Essential 5 Commie took out the one witty exchange I’ve read so far (overturn vs. capsize) in favor of a slight increase in readability. Aaargh!

I dropped the first season due to boredom, even though I liked the characters. I was thinking of giving season two a try, but now I’m not so sure.

Dark_Sage says:

Sure is great when releases conspire to ruin a show, ain’t it?

Pacific says:

That’s OK. I’ve been meaning to learn Japanese anyway. Although I’m supposed to learn Mandarin this year. And, I might as well brush up (was ist das Deutsche für “Engrish”) on my German to fully enjoy the polyglot anime.
I hear tell that sleep is overrated anyway—or is that sanity I’m thinking of?

returnity says:

Overall scores…
HorribleSubs: 3 times
Commie: 3 times
EveTaku: 6 times
Looks like your best bet is EveTaku

EveTaku had some surprising disappointments, but Commie wasn’t even better than the script they ‘edited’ so there’s really little choice.

stgmefly says:

HorribleSubs: 3 times
Commie: 8 times
EveTaku: 9 times

I feel like I should’ve just voted N/A for all of them though

Anonymous says:

HorribleSubs: 9 times
Commie: 9 times
EveTaku: 1 time
It’s a tie between HorribleSubs and Commie

bagong016 says:

HorribleSubs: 2 times
Commie: 5 times
EveTaku: 5 times
It’s a tie between Commie and EveTaku

Gonna go with EveTaku, since they using honorofics

Vance says:

HorribleSubs: 0 times
Commie: 4 times
EveTaku: 8 times
None: 8 times
Looks like your best bet is EveTaku

qazwsx says:

Don’t some of the choices in these parties differ in meaning?
In essential 7 for example looks like 1 speaks of their game while 2/3 about the industry.

It seems pretty futile to chose the best edit if we don’t even know if they changed the meaning in the process… How I miss 8thsin…

Kamica says:

HorribleSubs: 1 time
Commie: 8 times
EveTaku: 8 times
It’s a tie between Commie and EveTaku

Well…that was inconclusive. I’ll probably go with EveTaku though because it’s the only group that uses the “life counseling” terminology that Mazui had. I guess sometimes it’s the littlest of things that can make a difference.

Nya-loko says:

I need some Sage advice.
Who to watch or OreImo S1 BD
1) Coalgirls
2) Kira
3) Mazui

Communard says:

ANE

Dark_Sage says:

No clue. I only watched an ep or two of season 1. I don’t give a shit about the blu-ray scene, but my pal who does is dick hard for ANE, so I guess that’s whose version he’d recommend.

I don’t think it really matters all that much since all the groups appear to have just used straight Mazui subs with some SS song translations thrown in.

Solaristics says:

Just watch Coalgirls. They used Mazui/SS subs. I think I went with Doki, though. But yeah go with Coalgirls.

Hilariously, Mazui’s batch release was the only version of the show thus far that really made improvements to the original TV scripts they used. So If you want to watch the show now and are okay with watching it in 720p, Mazui’s your best option.

Oh, but I should mention Kira’s planning on redoing the series, using Mazui’s batch scripts for the episodes and resubbing the animated Commentaries with the R1 subs as a base.

nasdnja d says:

eve 9
horrible 4
commie 6

there wouldn’t have been a comparison of fansubing groups if mazui did the oreimo s2…

i’d give mazui perfect score..

Jeffrey-sama says:

HorribleSubs: 1 time
Commie: 1 time
EveTaku: 6 times
Looks like your best bet is EveTaku

Good job, Nevreen! ^ ^

fagtory says:

HorribleSubs: 11 times
Commie: 8 times
EveTaku: 4 times
Looks like your best bet is HorribleSubs

>100MB larger
Commie it is!

/a/non says:

Overall scores…
HorribleSubs: 13 times
Commie: 4 times
EveTaku: 2 times
Looks like your best bet is HorribleSubs

Commie’s edits terrible as always.

Leave a Comment