Anime Opinions: Amnesia — What the fuck, fujoshi? What the fuck?

Anime Opinions, Article — By on January 29, 2013 4:56 pm

I’m trying to watch this fucking Amnesia show, but it’s a very difficult process because it is so fucking shit.

We join Dark_Sage 17 minutes into this fucking show. This is approximately right after he drop-kicked his monitor when Clumsy Bitch (aka MC-chan) smacked the shit out of some glasses and broke them. Goddamn. And no, it’s not moe if I want to slap her.

Anyway, have some play-by-play reactions, starting with Belts-kun’s introduction.

[Commie] AMNESIA - 01 [E483C05C].mkv_snapshot_17.32_[2013.01.29_15.16.14]

Why the fuck does this fucking prick have so many belts?

[Commie] AMNESIA - 01 [E483C05C].mkv_snapshot_17.44_[2013.01.29_15.18.19]

[Commie] AMNESIA - 01 [E483C05C].mkv_snapshot_17.51_[2013.01.29_15.17.49]

Do not even fucking start this bullshit with me, Japan, or I’ll be the one to finish it.

[Commie] AMNESIA - 01 [E483C05C].mkv_snapshot_18.35_[2013.01.29_15.19.52]

Oh I get it now. He has a cross on his fucking chest, so he’s the “deep” character.

[Commie] AMNESIA - 01 [E483C05C].mkv_snapshot_18.54_[2013.01.29_15.26.43]

Yes. Stop fucking talking.

[Commie] AMNESIA - 01 [E483C05C].mkv_snapshot_19.02_[2013.01.29_15.27.26]

Looks like he’s the Christian Spock. Fan-fucking-tabulous.

[Commie] AMNESIA - 01 [E483C05C].mkv_snapshot_20.05_[2013.01.29_15.28.56]

Oh wow, she tripped. Allow me to express how shocked I am: “Oh”. Did you hear that? That was my shocked voice. I was truly surprised.

[Commie] AMNESIA - 01 [E483C05C].mkv_snapshot_20.12_[2013.01.29_15.29.59]

A bishie caught her? My oh fucking my! Show of the fucking century folks! Ladies, you have not schlicked until you’ve schlicked to this fruit rollup-eyed pierrot bishie.

You know what his fucking beauty mark reminds me of?

This bishie motherfucker

This bishie motherfucker.

And now I want to watch a decent fucking show instead of this shit. Not a great way to keep me engaged, Japan.

[Commie] AMNESIA - 01 [E483C05C].mkv_snapshot_20.20_[2013.01.29_15.35.12]

They’ve cut to these fucking capped chicks like fifteen times in this goddamn episode. Okay, I get it. They’re fucking suspicious and probably sinister. And they’re probably clithard for clownbro up there and think MC-chan is gonna get in their way.

Guess what, ladies? I am so down for you slitting this chick’s throat and ending the show right there. You have my full fucking support. I cannot take another episode of this shit.

[Commie] AMNESIA - 01 [E483C05C].mkv_snapshot_20.28_[2013.01.29_15.36.50]

Why the fuck is he smiling? I get that he’s a pretty waiter, but he’s still a fucking waiter.

[Commie] AMNESIA - 01 [E483C05C].mkv_snapshot_20.41_[2013.01.29_15.38.11]

I was bitching about this for the first fifteen minutes of the show, but you didn’t get to hear that, so let me put it out there right now: what the fuck is up with their fucking eyes? Do they have a disease or something? Shit’s green. That ain’t fucking natural.

[Commie] AMNESIA - 01 [E483C05C].mkv_snapshot_20.46_[2013.01.29_15.39.21]

Why are you thanking that goddamn brat? Fucking fairy stole your memories! You should hate him!

[Commie] AMNESIA - 01 [E483C05C].mkv_snapshot_21.12_[2013.01.29_15.43.13]

Oh fuck yes

[Commie] AMNESIA - 01 [E483C05C].mkv_snapshot_21.16_[2013.01.29_15.43.44]

Oh fuck yes oh fuck yes oh fuck yes

[Commie] AMNESIA - 01 [E483C05C].mkv_snapshot_21.18_[2013.01.29_15.44.21]

Wait, what?

[Commie] AMNESIA - 01 [E483C05C].mkv_snapshot_21.22_[2013.01.29_15.44.43]

[Commie] AMNESIA - 01 [E483C05C].mkv_snapshot_21.36_[2013.01.29_15.45.30]

She gets a free fucking haircut and then faints?

I mean she’s pretty cute, yeah, but what an ungrateful bitch. And that’s the ending of the episode? What the hell is going on?

[Commie] AMNESIA - 01 [E483C05C].mkv_snapshot_21.57_[2013.01.29_15.47.17]

No, I’m not going to watch you, ED.

[Commie] AMNESIA - 01 [E483C05C].mkv_snapshot_23.25_[2013.01.29_15.49.17]

Oh boy, another episode. Can’t wait.

Real talk, fujoshi: What the actual fuck?

Rating: 0/10. No, fuck that. -0/10. It’s not even good enough for a regular 0. Terrible, terrible show.

Tags: , ,

No clue why I’m still watching this show because it’s absolutely shit.

It is so goddamn bad it hurts to watch.

psie says:

lol why dont you like the fujoshi anime of the year?

Mayhem says:

Het anime.

That is like the opposite of a fujoshi anime.

Besides, the fujoshi anime of the year was Fate/Zero.

stgmefly says:

Yeah I decided to drop this shit after episode 2… Not sure how I made it that long

herkz says:

Why are you watching Commie? I thought they didn’t change the script very much.

stgmefly says:

This made me giggle

herkz says:

In before D_S says something like “I like the encoding/timing/typesetting/song translations/all of the above better.”

Like, no shit, dude? There is way more to fansubbing than editing a script.

Complete miss. Multiple w’s.

I hadn’t deleted it from when I did my script compare and it was your 720p re-encode or a 480p re-encode from HorribleSubs. You act like I’m archiving yours or something.

herkz says:

No. I act like you back up what you say. As in, watch HS if none of the groups improve the show much.

But then someone might take your opinion seriously, so I guess you shouldn’t do that.

My, my, I touched a nerve. Don’t like being called a re-encode group, do ya?

When I have a 720p re-encode on my comp and a 480p re-encode on my comp, I don’t exactly see the hypocrisy in watching the 720p version to catch up on the show.

Try harder~

herkz says:

Nope, just think you’re a fucking retard.

Do elaborate.

herkz says:

The terminology you use doesn’t change the fact that you imply Commie’s release is pointless compared to HS by not reviewing it, yet you watch it anyway? Clearly it has some worth to you. I dunno what the hell your problem is with people not editing CR shows “enough” (whatever that means), but it doesn’t really change the fact that if you don’t think they’re worth reviewing, you should be watching HS.

Ah, that must be the cause of your consternation! See, I have absolutely no problem with groups not editing scripts and still placing their name on a release. My only problem is when they call themselves fansubbers for doing it. Since I’m sure you’re not naive enough to call yourself a fansubber, I don’t think we have any need to be sharp with each other.

After all, I fully support your releases, herkz! I just don’t see any difference between your Amnesia and HorribleSubs’s. Your mistake was in assuming either had any more value than the other.

herkz says:

You seem to be getting off topic. Please try to respond to my point this time!

I’m sorry, what was your point again? Perhaps you could phrase it in English this time.

In a new comment, of course. These replies are getting crowded by the comments border.

Xythar says:

The definition of “fansubber” has always been a little contentious, yeah. There are still a lot of people who would insist until they’re blue in the face that you’re not a fansubber unless you translate the whole show yourself, for instance.

In the end, though, it’s just a word. There’s not much point in placing much stock in it since the definition differs so much from person to person.

Icec0ld says:

I’d point out the bulk of a D_S’s reviews are centered around the script. If the script isn’t changed it’s not exactly going to be incredibly worth the time to show the same mistakes/praises over again, especially if they aren’t even the groups mistakes/praises. It makes the criticism worthless.

Xythar says:

Yeah, I agree that it’s not really worth reviewing the same script multiple times, especially on a blog that’s primarily about editing.

I’m not convinced as to the value of proclaiming all such groups are worthless simply because reviewing them would be redundant, but I guess it fits in with the exaggerated negativity that makes up the site’s trademark style.

stgmefly says:

This is cute

sapphi says:

Xythar says:

You can say that if you want, but it’s not really accurate. Neither Commie nor HorribleSubs re-encode other releases.

I assume you’re just calling it that to subtly troll encoders though so carry on.

Ah, please forgive my rudeness.

Re-muxers then.

herkz says:

Incorrect as well. No one muxes straight from CR video.

Xythar says:

I think ReinWeiss does, but lol ReinWeiss.

herkz says:

I think he finally died. Or didn’t find any shows we were “ruining” by removing honorifics and such.

stgmefly says:

But honorifics are mega sugoi and super kawaii

Progeusz says:

Shame he wasn’t capable of removing Sweats while playing with honorifics. Damn you Daiz.

Xythar says:

Sweats is actually correct, though (or at least, more accurate than the original). Jersey in Japanese means something very different to what it means in English.

Ale110 says:

Ushwood (Russian ranobe translator) notes on his websitethat there’s only point in removing honorifics if characters aren’t Japanese. I think it’s a good idea.

Xythar says:

I’ve been meaning to pick this up.

Beckett says:

I’ve watched the first 3 episodes and while there is something engaging buried deep in this show it’s impossible to get to because the characters are all fucking retards. I don’t find it mega terrible but it suffers all the same problems that otome adaptations always have, which is that the MC is a cardboard cutout (the better for female viewers to easily project their own personality on her) and the male cast are boring archetypes. Kinda like Twilight in anime form. Boring, boring, boring. It’s not offensively bad like, say, Guilty Crown, but it’s not worth the bandwidth it chews up downloading it either.

Green is not a natural eye colour now? I mean, I know they’re Japanese, but still…

It’s a mix of green, dark green, and pink. So I guess I understated their sickness.

Isn’t that a pokeball that’s been put through MS Paint too many times?

rarely_upset says:

Save an image as .bmp, use WordPad to open it and immediately save it. Open it in Paint again…

fnord says:

The OP is fucking fantastic.

And I kinda started to enjoy it on the third episode. Spoiler: cardboard-chan falls off a cliff and dies in the second episode. I’m hoping for something along the lines of Higurashi with girls for the future episodes.

V2Blast says:

The OP was pretty much the only good aspect of the entire show.

herkz says:

Well, if you think everything besides editing is irrelevant, then please stop including the visual section in your review!

Oh, visuals definitely have value. But for some reason, I think people care more about the script than whether or not you typeset three signs in a show. I certainly do, at least.

Mr_kindman says:

Oh jesus. Stop trolling please. I hate reading your shit comments everywhere I go. no offense.

ThatOneComment says:

The easiest option is to not read the comments. However, I come here mostly for the comments themselves, that and I often get a few giggles out of his reviews.

Beckett says:

Also I think you meant to just say “What the fuck, Japan” in general because let’s face it, the kinds of shows that male Japanese otaku tend to fawn over are not any better than this one. I don’t know what kind of freakshow they are running over on those islands these days but those people need to get their goddamn shit together and develop a sense of taste that doesn’t boil down to “OMG FAP FAP FAP WILL BUY!”

FUCK YOU says:

Suck it, fujoshit.

Beckett says:

Congratulations on the most retarded post I’ve read on this site in the last 24 hours.

will says:

So…What’s the premise of this show?

Kuroiryuu says:

Girl loses her memories after an accident.
All the guys wanna fuck her.
All the girls are mean to her.
The end.

Hybrid21 says:

There’s also the fact that there’s no plot (so far)

Beckett says:

As far as I can tell the premise is “Check out all of these bishies, ladies don’t you want to have sex with all of these bishies?” You know, like any other otome adaptation. Actual plot is still pending.

Name goes here says:

Why did you start watching this trainwreck of a show in the first place, D_S? You can only blame yourself.

Well I kind of need to watch the shows before I review them, so… there’s that…

RDF2050 says:

It’s hard to be a D_S :p

At least we got something comparable to twilight.

stgmefly says:

But why would anyone want a review for this?? Not like they’re actually going to watch it and if they do well they have a lot more to worry about then subs

Ask the poll.

Hairy says:

Fujoshi want good subs too.

Name goes here says:

I would advise you to remove fujoshi shows from your polls. That way, it’s as if nobody wants you to review them. Problem solved.

Mayhem says:

Fuck you. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean no one does.

Meh. 1st couple episodes were pretty weak, and it definitely suffers from all the problems most visual novel adaptations suffer from, but actually by the 4th episode the characters are a lot more fleshed out and interesting than, say, Higurashi’s characters. Or any of Steins;Gate’s characters except Kurisu and Kyouma (after 22 episodes….).

I agree the show is lackluster, but it does make me want to play the game.

ALSO: LOOK UP THE WORD FUJOSHI YOU’RE DOING IT WRONG. An otome game adaptation is not for fujoshi–by definition. Dumbass.

Ezekiel says:

until now, i didn’t know the plot of this anime..

Toshika says:

None of us do

tormaid says:

You impress me. I couldn’t take more than five minutes of this garbage.

Starra says:

As a fujoshi, I am sad that most fujoshit is, well, shit.

*Sigh* It’s an obvious sausagefest fujoshibait show with a title named after a trope that’s not just overused in anime but in every other media since forever. If you’re not watching this show for the unintended lulz, you’re a retard. Period.

Marow says:

Brain’s Base is going downhill.

vivant says:

I did plan to watch Amnesia because I like those bishies (on picture), but when I really watched it I wonder why I voted this garbage to be reviewed. It’s a total shit.

FichteFoll says:

[17:36:17] multi-colored eyes are the NEW FUCKING SHIT
[17:36:26] inb4 every anime in 2015 has this

And I mean it.

NO. Shinsekai Yori’s ‘double-iris’ designs for Shisei are by far the future standard in NEW FUCKING SHIT.

Humanity says:

Or both.

redrosebox says:

Well, I heard the game is better than the anime also it has such gems as: *spoilers ahead*

One of the guys is a serious yandere and loves the main girl way too much.

Anca says:

>complaining about unnatural eye colors

ami says:

I think is pretty good. its kinda mysterius and u have no idea what might happen yet. It keeps. at the edge of u sit saying” tf is going on here! Wtf is next?! I dont get it!” wich i rarely experience with any other fushigi or anime as a matter or fact. give it a chance guys is bearly ibln its 4th episode im sure it will get better and by the looks of it have a twist. not to forgget that wonderfull melody played and the opening.

Good gods you’re stupid. And it’s not just because your English is terrible.

Wait, he was trying to speak English there?

ami says:

Well my fucking badd for not speaking english properly! Stuck up cunt. i was just stating my opinion like everybody else! Aight. just cuss u aint got the same opinion as me dont gotta judge me for it. my english is badd cuss im not Merican im korean. i understand this shit unlike u. thank you. :)

Eagle1337 says:

Show is shit, fact.

ami says:

And yet i again i have to repeat my self thats my fuckng opinion aight. U shuf learn the diff between favt and ipinion and yeah it might be shit fo u but daam fool for me i like it. Mostly cuss i am a gurl i like the bishies. kk :)

TouToTheHouYo says:

Captain, I believe the life form is attempting to communicate with us.

ami says:

Dude or girl. just because my english is not good, it does not mean u got to make fun of me mr. Funny guy :) seriously people like you shesh.. Anyway its fun responding to comments so i dont mind since this is the internet and all.

Hiiro-kun says:

Yeah, a lot of the people here are dicks, you’ll get used to it I’m sure

ami says:

Yea. i noticed that, but thank you.

Juular says:

It’s funny you say that one a website that criticizes subtitles for not using English correctly.

returnity says:

This show sucks. I do it for Hybrid, I’d know — almost all of us hate it.

Also, you are bad at the internet.

P32L says:

“Dude or girl”
Did you forget the whole gender neutral thing, or…

And judging by your comments, I’m fairly certain you could write better English if you bothered to. Not sure if it’s just a fault with my internal monologue, but I have trouble comprehending your comments and it’d be handy if you bothered with at least basic punctuation.

Eagle1337 says:

So you are like the characters everyone calls a bitch? Not sure why you are proud of that.

ami says:

Not sure what you mean, but who would be proud of being a bitch?and if you mean me than that would not make sense since you dony know me and all.

Eagle1337 says:

” Mostly cuss i am a gurl i like the bishies. kk :)” -ami
Last I heard bishies was bitches.

You’re a girl? Wow…

ami says:

Yea. why a “wow” lol

returnity says:

“Wow” because it explains why you like fujoshi-bait with trash plot, forced drama, and a cuntrag fuckdoll of an MC.

Anca says:

Pot kettle black with anime fans.

>it explains why you like otaku-bait with trash plot, forced drama, and a doormat fuck of an MC.

That said, if Amnesia were gender-reversed it would be the hit of the season.

rarely_upset says:

“Wow” because ami thinks it’s a big deal and nobody else does. FalseDawn is employing sarcasm to belittle ami.

natsukashii-ne says:

Not me. I hate that trash whichever gender it panders to. To me, anime is for telling ridiculous stories in over-the-top ways impossible to pull off in normal media. I’ll take deep or surreal absurdity but not moediocrity..

Listen, you slant-eyed slit, I don’t think you understand a goddamn thing about any language, let alone Japanese. If you did, you’d understand that communication is a two-way street — one that’s hard to drive on when the person coming down the other lane has the driving skills of roadkill.

I think it’s fair to judge your intelligence when you’re talking like a reject from WorldStar, despite your obvious ability to talk like a goddamn human being. Your taste in anime is shit and your content of character is lacking. I suggest you go camping in the middle of a highway one night — I trust it will be the only good move you’ve ever made.

Labocadellupo says:

The FMC is super annoying, the main male character is strutting in mismatched color hooker boots, and I literally have no idea what the fuck is going on. There is just so many things wrong with this anime, The only thing that it has going for it is the yellow yandere.

ami says:

Ok just to finish all this off, becouse all of you are spaming my email. bishies=bitches? Never heard of it and idgaf. secondly i rwally dont care if my gramar is bad. This is the internet so whyshould i? If yall notice i am r esponding for fun. So all the crap that you all write down for me its only stupid and funny how you all wates your time responding to me. all of it started just my me stating a simple opinion about the show. seriously anyways it was funn chatying with yall. it gave me somethig to be entertained by. so thank you and bye :)

P32L says:

You should care that your grammar is bad because it’s fucking hard to read a poorly written sentence (that’s not above you, is it?). I don’t know why you find it so hard to capitalise the start of a sentence, put a full stop at the end and correct typos. I think you’ll find people will take you more seriously if you demonstrate a base level of literacy and effort in your comments. Writing unintelligible garbage is the real waste of time.

corocoro says:

> So all the crap that you all write down for me its only stupid and funny how you all wates your time responding to me.

V2Blast says:

I started watching the show because the general plot seemed like it could possibly be interesting. (I did not do too much research.)

It is, by far, the worst anime I have ever made the mistake of watching.

Ashia says:

After watching the entire season-yes i was able to do it-all i was doing after the spade guy was-stupid why dont you read your fucking diary- it would have made things ALOT easy for this chick.