They all fucking suck.
[Dark_Sage edit: I didn’t write this post, Mango-chan did.]
So I wrote something similar around three years ago, and I think it’s due for an update. I find it hilarious how fansubbers take reviews so seriously when they’re all fucking terrible. Taking reviews seriously implies you want to become the least stinky piece of shit. It’s funny and sad at the same time, really.
Basically, fansub groups can be split into Good and Shit groups. If a group’s not good, they’re shit; it’s a mutually exclusive property. Therefore, in this tiering post, I will categorize and explain what groups are Good and what groups are Shit. Here’s a hint before you read on: all of them are shit (kinda).
Oh, and before we start: I’m using the list from this post.
- They’re good because they don’t fansub.
- Do these guys even fansub? Half the shows they sub are on Crunchyroll. Seriously, stop wasting your time.
- You can tell they’re shit because they love anime (koi = love), which in itself is an oxymoron. If you like anime, you wouldn’t be fansubbing.
- Same shit as Asenshi. Subs only Crunchyroll shows. Why are these fansubbers so fucking desperate to get into the “scene”? This is something I’ll never get.
- Ran by some retarded fujoshi who translates despite not knowing Japanese.
- Also, who the fuck would name their group sage?
- They’re like dead. Useless. Zero contribution to the anime scene.
- This is one of the funnier groups. Their leader is some stupid bitch called Sapphi who apparently has no idea on how to run a fansub group.
- She apparently restructured her group and kicked out half the people for efficiency reasons. Way to burn your bridges and look like a bitch.
- Also, they don’t treat their translators well at all.
- Shitty translations from time to time.
- These guys are so fucking slow they don’t even deserve to exist.
- Remember guys, the fansubbing scene is competitive. You’re shit if you’re still working on last season’s shows.
- Shitty translations
- Leader is a retarded nigger (read: black person). This group is a fucking joke for trying to exist in a predominantly white community.
- Shitty translations.
- Shit because I’ve never even heard of them.
- Slow shit. How do you be so fucking slow? Stop it.
- Quality fluctuates way too greatly: See their joint on Henneko.
- I’ve heard that fansubbing is harder than scannalation, and by the quality of this group… it sure seems like it!
- I’ve never even heard of these groups and I’m pretty important; therefore, they’re shit.
- Their leader is some fucking retarded Brazilian who lives in Japan. Sorry, bro, jungles don’t exist over there.
- Can’t translate for the love of their lives.
- Their leader is an ugly guy with lots of acne who pretends to be a girl on the internet.
- Yes, that means people who work in it believe that he’s actually a girl and that they might, some day, get some!
- Shitty translations and KARAOKE.
- It seems like all groups that have “japanese” names are shit, and that is usually the case.
- They all seem to not be able to translate properly as well.
- Read above.
- Holy shit! Why do people name their groups in something that’s Japanese? I don’t understand what the fuck is being conveyed here.
- Read below.
Blogging about no name groups is tiring. I’m sure you all want to read about the groups from “This is our life”.
- I think they’re the best group out there. Jeez, I wonder why.
- However, since they’re in this list, they’re shit.
- Read above.
- I don’t understand why people think this group is good. All I see now is a group trying desperately to survive.
- Most of their shows they sub now are joints with other groups who wants a ride on UTW’s glorious epenis train. Take, for example, UTW-Vivid. They can sub Gargantia themselves, but they’re still in a joint. Oh wait, that means Vivid is shit.
- Their leader is some retarded asian kid (who apparently goes to med school in Hong Kong? well, I wouldn’t want to be treated by him in the future!) who has no idea how to fansub.
- In their joint with gg on Railgun (or Index?), they tried to blame the spectacular failures of episode on gg.
- How does anyone fuck up fansubbing anyway? I don’t even.
- During a QC round, when a QCer from a joint project suggested fixes to typos and missing words, UTW told the QCer to “stop worrying about unimportant shit.”
- Their taste in shows is very questionable.
- Half of their group are autistic and/or clinically depressed: see RHE/herkz.
- Fun fact 1: RHE nearly OD’d on sleeping pills because his mother didn’t let him play DOTA2 (I would understand if it’s LoL, but…)
- Fun fact 2: RHE thinks the world revolves around him and got extremely angry when he found out the people who “works” for him are in other groups fansubbing.
- I’d label this autism, but I’m not autistic, so I wouldn’t know.
- Fun fact 3: RHE has mental breakdowns every now and then in the commie-staff room. Those logs are actually pretty funny to read, and they make you wonder if this is how school shooters are born.
- They think their fansubbing decisions are so great, but anyone who’s not autistic can immediately tell how retarded those decisions are.
- One of their policies is to remove honorifics from show titles, which naturally resulted in some hilarious moments.
- They renamed “Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun” to “Tonari no Kaibutsu”, which is, uh, not quite the same thing. I’m not sure if they even realize that.
- If I were to describe commie, they’d be like a college engineering fraternity (this implies socially awkward people) at a community college.
- I don’t know much about them, but last I heard, they deliver terrible translations. I don’t even know why the fuck they’re in “This is our life” group when they’re not even that good at fansubbing???
- They’re dead. Even though they prize themselves on being good, they drop most of their shit anyway.
- This group is the prime example of why you shouldn’t fansub if you like anime, because you’ll end up fucking hating it. Only the strong-willed will continue to fansub while hating anime.
- It’s been three fucking years, and instead of rolling out v2s all the time, they just stopped caring.
- Get a fucking editor you retarded fucks. You can’t write coherent english for fuck’s sake.
- This group is ran buy some mentally impaired Brazilian pedophile (does being Brazilian imply being a pedophile?) named Sutai.
- This group is basically Mazui, but with not very good editors who puts out shit like “PR Instinct.”
- In the end, they’re the same shit as Mazui but with a different idiot in the executive role.
- They really, really, really need to stop styling like shit. Three years ago, they had the same problem. I can fucking train my penis to pick a good font in three years!
- Slow as fuck.
- Shitty editing from time to time.
I hope I’ve convinced you that all fansubbing groups are shit because, well, they are. Like I’ve mentioned before, groups not mentioned are either just SLOW, OLD, or not important enough (read: shit).
Thanks for reading.