The Ladies of Free

Article — By on July 3, 2013 3:56 pm

If you find yourself enjoying Free but think there are way too many dicks on the dance floor, don’t. After all, there are *tons* of females in Free.

Amakata Miho

[HorribleSubs] Free! - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_06.39_[2013.07.03_15.13.51]

She has a dark and mysterious past. I bet it has nothing to do with swimming.

Matsuouka Gou

[HorribleSubs] Free! - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_08.48_[2013.07.03_15.24.19]

All she cares about is her onii-san. What noble passion!

Gou’s Friend

[HorribleSubs] Free! - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_07.03_[2013.07.03_15.16.40]

I guess she’s here for… plot exposition?

[HorribleSubs] Free! - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_04.18_[2013.07.03_15.10.37]

I… guess.

And of course…

The Lady

[HorribleSubs] Free! - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_11.13_[2013.07.03_15.31.52]

Gotta get through this shit somehow.

Tags: , ,

Assasin_Cross says:

Dem spoiler…..

Dao says:

It’s not a spoiler if the episode has already been released. ¬_¬

I don’t really like explaining comments, but Cross was referring to the content of the spoiler tag in this article.

Cross’s comment has nothing to do with actual spoilers.

Derp says:

You can’t be serious…

Definition: “When someone reveals a previously unknown aspect of something which you likely would have rather learned on your own.”

This has nothing to do with the episode already been released. Heck, the episode could have been 50 years old and it’s still a spoiler for people who haven’t watched it yet.
According to your logic, no one would have to use spoiler tags after the episode’s release day which is totally stupid, since some just pick up a subber for a show after D_S’ judgements. Would you like to get your ass spoiled in said reviews? I’m glad that D_S is considerate enough to not do so.

2CE says:

>Matsuouka Gou
>All she cares about is her onii-san. What noble passion!

I’d rather have Kirino. And no for an almost sausage pool party. Now I need more patience; might break something due to -Monogatari still days and something hours away.

Meh. If fujobait shows get anything right, it’s cute female protags. I’d pick Kou over Kirino any day of the week.

2CE says:

FetishesPreferences aside, we do not take this as a review. Moreover, -Monogatari’s should be up first due to democracy slash poll at the right.

First episodes are generally reserved for TL Parties, so you probably won’t be seeing a fansub review from my end.

kokujin-kun may get in with translation reviews, though, because as far as I know he hasn’t placed any restrictions on himself.

FichteFoll says:

Valid excuse.

I guess I’ll make exceptions for disqualification notices, though. But let’s hope we don’t have too many of those.

Public shaming others takes a lot out of ya.

CraN says:

>tfw they all have female names

Kenshin_sama says:

Don’t forget the Matsuoka siblings. Seems like they have some pretty funny parents.

Pelfmiester says:

One cute girl (Gou) isn’t enough to counter all the half naked males for me, and it doesn’t seem to be anything special besides that. Of course, I haven’t watched the ep though (nor intend to).

There’s not, really. I mean, it’s fanservice aimed at fujoshi. But the ladies oughta have their fun too, and it’s not boring like Amnesia or UtaPri, so I’ll probably watch the show to the end.

If you like Hyouka, though, the main character’s a cross between Chitanda and Oreki. His sparkling eyes almost make me want to create a tumblr account. Almost!

Nyangoro says:

I, for one, find it repulsive and unethical that they used valuable animation frames for females that could have been used for belt unbuckling.

For shame, KyoAni.

rarely_upset says:

Am I the only one planning on watching for the swimming.

swimming is tanoshii

Kaitou_Kid says:

I’m watching it for the swimming. I tend to like sports animes. I’m hoping for it to be like Kuroko, but I doubt that. XD

And that’s your SATSQ for today.

locke says:

this anime makes me feel bad im a swimmer

And why’s that?