Best con, best boys, how could it go wrong?
Sakuracon 2017 (Seattle, WA)
20 years and they still haven’t dropped the hyphen. Gotta respect the commitment.
The Meme Crew v.2017
Most of us’ll be there 4/13-4/17. Gotta commit to best con accordingly.
In order of importance:
- Dark_Sage, @
In no particular order:
- Rekyu, @
- puddi, @
- shcboomer, @
- SoupRKnowva, @
- lunr, @lunr_sama
Denpa (real version), @
- Disregard that, Denpa hates us ;_;
Other cool kids going:
Hmu on twitter or email me at [email protected] if you wanna hang/get added to the list.
…Also, I know I have like 5 other people who told me they were going, but I didn’t really keep track anywhere and now my memory’s failed me. So uhh, yeah, my b. Plz shoot me a reminder. <3
Events & Activities
There is no crueler fate than sobriety at a con. So expect some clean-cut ever-clear shenanigans.
We always commit at least 20 seconds to the rave before realizing we’re too old to grind on high schoolers, and leave in shame. But for those 20 seconds? We own that floor.
Panels are a
great way to kill time when you realize you shouldn’t play walkcon for more than an hour. Here are some options I saw from a cursory glance at Guidebook:
- “Underappreciated Anime You Should All Watch”
- You know the people who unironically visit reddit? Yeah, that’s what everyone presenting this panel’s gonna smell like.
- “Autism/Asperger’s Meetup”
- Usually we find this happening outside of the panel rooms. At every time of the day. And also in the panel rooms.
- “Is This Feminist? Female Characters in Anime” / “Why All Shoujo is Problematic”
- God I love SJWs — they have no place in the anime scene (or anywhere, really) but they’re so desperate to belong. Puddi got us front row in the Problematic panel last year by telling the presenter we were press and totally wanted to cover her amazing insights (which, uhh, is technically true) — unfortunately, the presenter saw our subtweets after the panel and freaked the fuck out on me in Twitter DMs. Think she even contacted staff to try and get us banned. Wonder if she’ll remember us. :3
Love Live S2 Marathon
If S-con 2017 ends up sucking like last year’s did, we’re gonna have to do another rabu raibu marathon. Gotta save the con somehow.
And from everything I’ve seen on the schedule, it looks like we’re gonna be doing a marathon. RIP our dreams, hello to idol memes.